My blog is now a whole week old. I’ve really enjoyed writing and/or taking pictures every day. I’m also really grateful to everyone that’s been reading and liking and commenting. It’s very motivating and I really appreciate it so thanks all round!
I think it would be positive and motivational to have a weekly update of everything I’ve done towards my goals for the year.
1. To help my daughter prepare for and settle into her first year of school, starting in September.
We’ve been playing board games to help Little Pip practice her counting, improve her social skills and problem solving skills and to fire up her imagination!
2. To improve my business, through better marketing and making a larger range of products.
I’m looking into various local markets and shops where I could sell my products. I’ve also come up with a few new ideas and written out a proper schedule so that I’m making the most of my crafting time and hopefully making as many items as possible from the resources I have.
3. Complete my current Open University module and register for the next. This includes actually deciding on which the next will be as currently I haven’t a clue!
I’ve been busily writing my latest assignment piece, a screenplay adapted from a short story I wrote. I’ve never written a screenplay before but I’ve really enjoyed it and it’s now been sent off to my tutor for marking. Fingers crossed for a good result!
4. Deal with PTSD. I feel like it’s been holding me back for too long. It’s very much time I took control of it.
I contacted the mental health charity MIND and I’m now waiting for a response from them. I also blogged a little about my symptoms, which I hope will be the beginning of connecting with other people who also suffer with PTSD.
5. Not to diet. Instead, I want to make simple and easily kept up changes that will make my whole family a little healthier. If this leads to a few inches disappearing from my waist, that’s an added bonus!
I’ll be really honest. I’ve done very little towards this one. Although, I have been trying to grill more and fry less and our stash of Christmas treats is gone now so I’ve been indulging a much less than I was over Christmas. With better weather predicted for later this week, I definitely want to get outdoors for a morning walk with Pip one day before nursery.
6. Add to this blog every day, even if it is just a photograph.
I’ve got lots of fun stuff planned for the next week, including reviewing Pip’s favourite books, another board game review and another Guide to Cardiff post. Enjoy and have a lovely week!